Dinos in the Dark! 10/24
Time & Location
About The Event
Reciprocal Member Admission Ages 2-61, $5.00 - (limited quantities available) , infants1&- and seniors 62+ admitted free. One way social distanced trek through museum’s and sculpture park. No strollers or wagons in the Museum, Stroller Parking available for outside use, precaution grade mask required In the Museum for those 5 and up. No Refunds on special events ticket may be transfer to another time if arranges prior to the hour of ticket and other tickets are available.
Dino in the Dark Ticket Holder,
Thank you for purchasing tickets to Dinos in the Dark! Naturally, under pandemic conditions our Halloween event will proceed a little differently than the Carnivore Carnival of previous years. To help you navigate the changes and enjoy the spooky to its utmost, we’re sending you this lowdown on how things will work:
· Arrival: your pass will be good for entry anytime during the hour posted on it. If your ticket is good from 6:30 to 7:30, do not feel obligated to arrive precisely at 6:30. Avoid the rush and enter at an odd time (perfect for the oddest time of the year!) within your scheduled time window. Tickets are non-transferable and non-refundable, so try not to cut it too close!
· Costumes are encouraged! In the spirit of the event, please keep them family-friendly. Most of the tour will proceed outside, so plan costumes according to the weather. Also, anti-COVID face masks are still required indoors during the event, except for children ages 5 and younger—they are optional outside for everyone if you maintain social distancing.
· Stroller parking: the event path spans a half mile, so if you have young children, a stroller will come in handy. However, because of the close quarters indoors which makes social distancing difficult, strollers cannot be used inside the museums. As you approach the entrance of the park, one of our staff will play valet, greeting you just west of the main parking lot and ushering your stroller to parking at the beginning of the outdoor path. You can pick it up there after enjoying the indoor museum.
· Tickets will be checked at the main entrance, so have them ready. Membership cards and reciprocal membership cards will also be required for all Member and reciprocal member tickets.
· As you continue exploring, you will encounter spookified but true stories from paleontology to listen to as you proceed. They each last about 1 minute. Most of them mark stations where you can collect glowing wristbands that mark the return of the Whitehorn Fluorescent Collection of UV-reactive minerals to Rudd Hall!
· Park-wide blackouts will plunge the outdoor park into darkness at regular 15-minute intervals, with an announcement before each. Come prepared with a flashlight!
· The tour will come to a close in the museum courtyard, where you can pick up your individually-wrapped treat bags. Keep an eye out for our Rogue’s Gallery of dinosaur carnivores: they’re hosting a simple experiment you can try at home! Simply take pictures of each diamond-shaped window for a creepy color-changing lesson in pH.
· In the event of severe weather, we will switch the event to a new night for tickets previously scheduled during the dark and stormy night. We will contact you via email as soon as possible with the date of the replacement “rain night” event.
We’re looking forward to treating you with our dinosaurs’ annual tricks this year!
-Dinosaur Park Board, Staff and Docents
- General Timed Entry 6:30-7:30$5$5Sold Out
- Member Timed Entry 6:30-7:30$2.50$2.50Sold Out